Thursday, January 19, 2017

The Iron Warrior by Julie Kagawa

Synopsis:
The Iron Prince, my nephew, betrayed us all. He killed me. Then, I woke up. Waking after a month on the brink of death, Ethan Chase is stunned to learn that the Veil which conceals the fey from human sight was temporarily torn away. Although humankind's glimpse of the world of Faery lasted just a brief moment, the human world was cast into chaos, and the emotion and glamour produced by fear and wonder has renewed the tremendous power of the Forgotten Queen. Now she is at the forefront of an uprising against the courts of Faery - a reckoning that will have cataclysmic effects on the Nevernever.


This book was pretty good. It wrapped up things nicely and gave us a pretty good ending overall. I was a little disappointed not to get more Meghan and Ash storyline, especially since Ethan is seeing his sister in battle as the Iron Queen for the first time ever. Grim and Razor are still, hands down, my favorites. "BAD KITTY." Ha!

6 out of 10.


This is it. The final book of the Iron Fey
series. It's a sad thing to come to the end of a series like this. I LOVED the first four books. The last few were okay, not my favorite but overall the emphasis on continuing the storyline was there - it just transfered to Ethan Chase instead of Meghan,  the original heroine. I would've preferred that the storyline continue on with Meghan and Ash and even Puck because that character doesn't get enough credit or one liners as it is. Nevertheless, these were books I'm thankful I invested in and now own to reread over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment