Monday, January 9, 2017

New Year 2017

I don't typically blog about anything other than the books I've read or are currently reading. However, it's been 8 or 9 months since my last "normal" post and I wanted to give you guys an update on what I've been up to. Originally, I had planned to blog about the books I'd read last summer 2016. Obviously the school year didn't stop me from reading and blogging but it did slow me down quite a bit and I realized that I didn't want to stop enjoying books just because the summer was over. So, I continued.
However, since this is the start of a new year I've decided to make a "resolution" of sorts. I'm not a big one for resolutions. Let's be honest. I've started something good and healthy and by February my motivation has flown the coop. This year I'm determined to do more. I'm determined to (1) be more productive in my day to day life. Not having a 9-5 job makes people think I just sit at home all day (let's be real, some days I do) but I want to feel good about what I've accomplished during the day. Adopting out the momma dog and 3 puppies I rescued at the beginning of November... that made me busier than I'd been in a long time. The last of them went to her new home last Friday and I'm literally sitting here like... now what? So productivity is on my list! I've applied for some part time jobs but mostly I've read more, painted more, and tried to keep up with housework better (haha). I want to be productive. (2) Read 100 books this year alone. Now I know what you're thinking... 100 books in 365 days is not that big of a goal. However, broken down, 100 books is 2 books a week for the remainder of the year plus only 2 weeks to spare. Yikes. I'm a fast reader but this might be too much. Nevertheless,  I've decided that productivity is key this year and this, along with taking baby steps to rediscover life as it should be (person recovering from anxiety issues talking here), my life should be pretty full. I want to enjoy the adventure, not be scared of it.
So! Bring on the books! If you have any recommendations you love to read, comment below! Much thanks and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment