Chief Inspector Armand Gamache and his team of investigators are called to the scene of a suspicious death in a rural village south of Montreal and yet a world away. Jane Neal, a local fixture in the tiny hamlet of Three Pines, has been found dead in the woods on Thanksgiving morning. The locals are certain it's a tragic hunting accident and nothing more, but Gamache smells something foul this holiday season....
This book is amazing. I'm planning on finding more in the series after I finish more books on my list. This is an easy read murder mystery. It's not scary and even though it is about solving a murder, the end result leaves you feeling pretty good about the book. I'd pick it up and read it again. The simple writing style of the author plus the way she wrote her characters makes a compelling story. I loved it.
8 out of 10

No comments:
Post a Comment