LOS ANGELES, 1938: Violet Mayfield sets out to reinvent herself in Hollywood after her dream of becoming a wife and mother falls apart and lands a job on the film set of Gone with the Wind. There she meets enigmatic Audrey Duvall, a once rising film star who is now a fellow secretary. Audrey's zest for life and their adventures together among Hollywood's glitterati enthrall Violet... until each woman's deepest desires collide. What Audrey and violet are willing to risk for themselves and each other to ensure their own happy endings will shape their friendship and their lives far into the future.
This is a great read. I love all things Gone with the Wind... the movie, the book, the independently written sequels by other authors... *sigh*...
First of all I've never heard of this book before now and I gushed when I realized it was all centered around a certain green velvet hat. It makes me want to read and watch Gone With the Wind all over again. There were a lot of similarities to Gone With The Wind in this book. Not only is it about the iconic movie and novel by Margaret Mitchell but the characters Susan makes come alive in this book remind you so much of Scarlett and Ashley and Melanie. I liked the character development. Overall a great read about friendship, love and sacrifice. There are many quotes by the characters themselves that I found myself nodding along to in agreement. A gem of a book.
8 out of 10.

No comments:
Post a Comment