
Visiting their annoying cousin, Eustace, Lucy and Edmund Pevensie come across a painting of a majestic ship called the Dawn Treader. Suddenly, the painting comes to life and draws the youths into Narnia, where they meet their old friend, King Caspian. Caspian is on a quest to find the seven lost Lords of Telmar, whose swords will save Narnia from an evil green mist that enslaves men's minds and bodies.
I've never read this book, but I will say that the movie created based on this book is very very different. The book is good, however, and I really enjoyed it. The story of Eustace's transformation, unlike in the movie, is only a small part of the story as a whole. The book goes on and on, diving into story lines that revolve more around the seven lost Lords of Telmar and about Caspian's desire to reach the end of the world, where Aslan's country exists. However, I am sad to learn that this is the last that Edmund and Lucy will be in Narnia. I had hoped they would be back for more adventures in the following books. Only two left in the Chronicles of Narnia series and I'm excited to read them.
5 out of 10
No comments:
Post a Comment